You: “I don’t know what to do with my life”
Life: “I have a few ideas.”
Listen up, your life is calling!
The Office of Volunteer and Off-Campus Programming on Augustana's campus exemplifies the college's commitment to community engagement. The office provides the campus community with information regarding volunteer opportunities, both short term and long term, in the Quad-Cities area and beyond. For more information, please contact Laura Mahn at (309) 794-8613 or email@example.com.
Volunteering is one of the best ways to get to know yourself, your community and what the two of you have to offer and learn from each other. It’s a great way to test your interests, your passions, your gifts. So get out there – and be sure to log your hours at http://www.augustana.edu/x16730.xml.
How do I know where I should volunteer?
- Consider the skills/gifts you have to offer.
- What issues or causes get you fired up? What are you passionate about?
- ”I don’t have any experience in that area but it seems like something I might like.” Give it a try!
- Remember to pay attention to who you are – not who you wish you were. We all have our own ways of contributing to the needs of our community, our own ways of saving the world. Be honest with yourself, take some risks, and get out there!
Here are some volunteer areas. Please visit the pages that interest you:
- Youth related
- Senior Adults related
- Adults related
- Animal related
- Multicultural related
- Environmental related
- Behind the scenes or Office related
Other ideas and Post-graduation opportunities - click here