General Internship Questions? Check out our FAQ
Funding Options For Internships
Augie Choice guarantees students the opportunity for the kinds of learning that will make them stand out when they start careers or go on to graduate school.
All students receive $2,000 to support a qualifying hands-on learning experience of their choice, such as international study, research or an internship.
Grant Funding Options
Grant funding options are available for certain internship experiences. To learn more contact Johnna Adam, Director of Employer Relations and Internships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-794-7339.
Internships for Credit
Augustana students can participate in internships during any term of the academic year, including the summer. All registered internships will appear on the students' transcript. Please speak to someone in either the Internship office, the Center for Vocational Reflection, or your academic department about which internship is best for you.Students may take an internship for credit or may complete a zero-credit internship. Each department sets policies regarding available types of internships and eligible credit hours.
Internship Registration Form- when complete, submit to the Registrar's Office
Credit Bearing Internships
- Range from 1-9 credit hours, based on hours worked
- One credit = 35-40 hours spent on the internship site
- Taken for a letter grade (A thru F) or pass/no credit
- Credits will be charged according to the standard tuition fee, zero credit internships will be assessed a $100 fee
- Taken for a letter grade and appear on a student's transcript
- Requires a student to work for a minimum of 40 hours
- Will not affect a student's GPA and will not count toward graduation requirements
- Taken for a letter grade (A through F), Faculty and other persons approved by the Internship Committee may assign grades for zero-credit internships
- Internships that require more than one term to complete (including summer term) may be given the temporary grade of IP. IP internship requirements must be completed within thirty days of the end of the term of the internship.
Internships and Credits toward the Major
- Only Senior Inquiry Internships, Service Learning Internships, and Academic Internships may count toward credit hours in the major
- Academic department determines the maximum number of internship credits a student may count toward the major.
- Internship credits of these three types (Sxx/Lxx/Axx) that do not become part of the credits toward a major will be listed as INTR-DEPT-Sxx (or Lxx; or Axx) and will be assessed with the pass/no-credit option or a letter grade at the discretion of the department. These additional hours will still count toward graduation requirements, but they will neither count toward the major nor toward general education requirements.
- No more than a total of nine internship credits may apply toward graduation requirements.
Types of Internships
Meet with your Academic Advisor and/or Internships and Careers Office staff member to determine which fits your needs.
To schedule an appointment contact the Internships and Careers Office 309-794-7339.