Status: Exempt Full-time, 12 month schedule
Reports To: Controller
Overview: Assists the CFO/VP of Finance & Administration, Controller and others with analytical support. Performs work across multiple departments in analyzing budgetary data, budgetary requests and interpreting and applying budget guidelines. Participates and assists in the budget and audit activities for the college.
- Plans and carries out budget procedures including monthly monitoring of department expenditures and revenues and communicating monitoring status; assisting departments in the preparation of department budgets and budget materials; reviewing and making recommendations on department budget proposals; assisting in the development of multi-year forecast estimates for department expenditures and revenues; reviewing department performance measures.
- Develops and maintains budget monitoring models and coordinates production of a formal monitoring report.
- Provides support for the Controller and CFO/VP of Finance and Administration and assists with special studies that require data compilation; analyzes and interprets information in oral and written presentations.
- As directed, supports auditing activities and performs other analyses of college financial reports and practices.
- Prepares and reconciles the college's fiscal year budgets and integrates the final budget into financial reporting systems.
- Train and provide support to users for the Budget Development System.
- Other duties as assigned
B.A or B.S. required in accounting, finance, business or a related field.
Skills & Experience:
- 0-3 years of related experience.
- Budgeting and accounting experience in a work setting is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and moderate expertise with Excel, Word, Access and/or other database and spreadsheet programs.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and accounting, as well as general knowledge of business practices and fiscal management.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluated proposed programs and expenditures.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, interpret financial records, detect errors, and prepare financial reports under defined time constraints.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a varied group of employees and campus constituents.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Instructions: Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com no later than March 25, 2013 for consideration. Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.