HR Update - March 31st
To keep communication as clear as possible, and archive it for later use, the Office of Human Resources will be sending out updates using this format.
If you have information that you would like to disseminate to all employees, please send that to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will coordinate adding the information to a future HR update.
For now, we would ask that you limit any mass communications to avoid confusion.
Dinner to go from Augie dining - ACT NOW!
Meatloaf Dinner~ Carry Out Dinner for 4
Too much going on, would you like to take a break? Let us cook for you, $25.00 feeds a family of 4.
You need to order TODAY for pick up tomorrow using this link: Meatloaf Dinner Meals to go,
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, dinner rolls, and fresh vegetables.
Orders must be received by 5 pm on Wednesday, March 31st.
Pick up your orders Thursday, April 1st between 3-5 pm at the Gerber Center Dining Hall.
Virtual retirement celebration
We are looking forward to honoring several colleagues who have retired or will be retiring at the end of this academic year.
Rather than our traditional gathering, we'll be celebrating these community members virtually during the last week of April. Here's who will be honored:
- Ralph Arias, Power Plant Mechanic
- Deb Bazer, Custodian
- Lillian Bradshaw, Programmer Analyst
- Ellen Dixon, Costume Shop Manager and Designer
- Mary Kilbride, Adjunct Instructor in Math & Computer Science
- Emil Kramer, Professor Classics, English and History
- Susan Kramer, Coordinator for Data Assessment and Licensure
- Beth Roberts, Editorial Director
- Jayne Rose, Professor of Psychology
- Dan Sand, Assistant Sports Information Director
- Sue Standley, AVP of Enrollment & Director of Financial Aid
- Dave Wrath, Associate Athletic Director and Sports Information Director
Fit for the future - campus forums on the path ahead
President Steve Bahls, Dr. Doug Parvin and Kent Barnds invite faculty and staff colleagues to join either or both of two forums on Fit for the Future, a report developed for the Board of Trustees which has been discussed by faculty during Division meetings and by the Faculty Council.
Two forums for employees have been scheduled:
Session 1: April 6, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Link info
Session 2: April 14, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Link info
As you review the report and prepare for one of the discussion sessions, you are encouraged to think about the following questions:
1. Are the questions asked by President Bahls addressed to your satisfaction?
2. Are the areas of emphasis identified as near-term the right areas and do they reinforce Augustana's mission?
3. What would you have liked to have seen in the report that isn't there?
4. Are there aspects of the report you'd like to know more about?
5. Do you have any specific suggestions for any of the four areas that will improve/strengthen Augustana's value proposition?