From art and anthropology to philosophy and physics, nearly 100 students shared their research and creative projects during the first virtual Celebration of Learning.
Physical and Environmental Geology in the Rocky Mountains itinerary
Introductory Physical and Environmental Geology in the Rocky Mountains locations, itinerary and details:
Itinerary August 6-August 22, 2021
Rock Island, Illinois
Badlands National Park
Black Hills, South Dakota
Devil's Tower National Monument
Owl Creek Mountains
White River Canyon
Ashfall Fossil Beds
- Aug. 6: Students arrive at Augustana College, Fryxell Geology Museum in the Swenson Hall of Geosciences, located near the chapel and admissions buildings, 820 38th St., Rock Island. Use parking lots A1 and A2. Noon orientation session with students and their parents, followed by class on campus.
- Aug. 7: Trip departs. Camp in Badlands National Park, South Dakota.
- Aug. 8-11: Camp in Black Hills, South Dakota.
- Aug. 12-13: Visit Devils Tower. Camp in Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming.
- Aug. 14: Arrive at field station in Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming.
- Aug. 19: Depart field station. Camp in Owl Creek Mountains.
- Aug. 20: Camp in North Central Nebraska.
- Aug. 21: Arrive back at Augustana College, early evening.
- Aug. 22: Course ends upon completion of final project, early afternoon.
- Aug. 26: New Student Orientation begins on campus.
- Aug. 30: Fall term classes begin.