Revised admissions policies for COVID-19
We have temporarily relaxed some admissions policies to ensure high school and transfer students entering in 2020-21 and 2021-22 are not disadvantaged by their inability to earn letter grades for academic classes or take additional standardized tests during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Information for prospective students
• Is Augustana making any adjustments to account for the cancellation of ACT and SAT tests?
We have a long-standing policy of admitting students on a test-optional basis. Beginning with fall 2021 applications, ACT and SAT scores will be considered supplemental materials. Scores will only be considered if an applicant self-reports them or sends a score to Augustana directly from the testing agency. Students who apply test-optional will still be fully eligible for academic scholarships.
• Are international students required to submit a standardized test?
International students who were not able to take the SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS will have the opportunity to take the Duolingo English Test to demonstrate English proficiency.
• My family's financial situation has changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Can I be considered for additional aid?
If your family's financial circumstances have changed or will change in the coming months, please contact the Office of Financial Aid to discuss options for additional consideration. Our counselors can help determine whether these recent changes could have an impact on your eligibility for financial aid.
• How will Pass/No Pass (Credit/No Credit) grading during the pandemic affect my admission application?
If you need to complete some coursework pass/no credit, you will not be penalized in any way as you apply for admission or scholarships.
• How will AP credit be awarded given changes to the testing format announced by the CollegeBoard?
We do not anticipate any changes to our credit policies based on the in-home administration of the exams as announced by CollegeBoard.
• How will IB credit be awarded given that all exams have been canceled?
Students enrolled in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme will have the opportunity to receive credit and be awarded that credential in the absence of the exams. Scores will be based on external review of the internal assessments for each subject which would have been an exam in normal circumstances.
• Will Augustana extend the Campus Visit Grant deadline?
For domestic students applying for admission in 2021, the eligibility criteria for the grant has not been adjusted at this point. To qualify for the Campus Visit Grant, students must visit campus in person by May 1, 2021. If COVID-19 creates additional restrictions to travel/access in the coming months, then we will made adjustments if needed. Please visit our Campus Visit Grant page for more details about the policy.