Campus update for June 26, 2020
June 26, 2020
Chris Beyer, director of Residential Life, has six things he'd like you to know about changes for the fall semester.
1. There will be much more cleaning in residence halls.
2. You are going to need to wear a face mask except in your room.
3. Rooms won't be filled if there isn't enough space for distancing.
4. Guests and visitors will be limited.
5. Res Life has practiced the plan to isolate students suspected of having COVID-19.
6. Move-in will be spread out to prevent crowding.
• With suggestions from faculty and staff, the Tredway Library has put together a race and inequality guide to help you find accessible resources about structural racism, systemic oppression and anti-racist learning.
• The Tredway Library's new website highlights services and resources, and offers easy-to-find contact information and more. The new library search provides a simple way to search for books, videos, articles and more, all in one place.
• Dr. Jason Mahn writes on "The Cheap Grace of White Privilege and the Costly Grace of Repentant Antiracism" in the journal Currents in Theology and Mission.
• The spring semester dean's list will not be posted until mid-August this year. The delay is due to the changes in grading and recording required by the shift to distance learning in spring semester. We will notify everyone when the list is posted.
• The Office of Financial Aid is not open for walk-in appointments. However, virtual appointments can be made by calling 309-794-7207 or emailing email@example.com.
Kassidy Belcher '21 takes prospective students on a campus tour on a a beautiful Thursday. Admissions began limited in-person tours this week.