Your support makes a difference!
The Swenson Center is a nonprofit organization. We depend entirely on donations from generous people like you. There are several ways of supporting the Swenson Center. Gifts of all sizes are welcome and gratefully received.
Become a member
Join at one of the following contribution levels:
Annual contribution of $30-$99
- Receive our quarterly journal Swedish American Genealogist free in print or online (overseas minimum of $45 for print)
- Free attendance at Nordic Book Club
- Free use of most of our genealogy records onsite
- Discounts on events and classes, including Swedish language classes
- Discounts on genealogy research services
Annual contribution of $100-$245
- All benefits of Associate plus:
- Free admission to our craft classes
- Free use of our genealogy records (including parish record subscriptions!) onsite
Annual contribution of $250-$499
- All benefits of Scholar plus:
- Annually receive a book in the field of Swedish-American history or culture
Annual contribution of $500-$1,999
- All benefits of Circle plus:
- Additional subscription to Swedish American Genealogist to distribute as a gift
- Free admission to our annual Julbord dinner
Annual contribution of $2,000+
- All benefits of Patron plus:
- Special invitations to other events
- Free enrollment in our online or in person Swedish language classes
Prefer not to enroll online? Please contact us for assistance.
Make life easier by joining any of the above categories with automatic monthly deductions from your credit or debit card. Minimum $5/month.
Thrivent Choice Dollars program
Are you a member of Thrivent Financial? Choice Dollars charitable grant funds can make a big difference to the Swenson Center. By directing Choice Dollars, eligible Thrivent members recommend where they feel Thrivent should distribute a portion of its charitable grant funds. Directing Choice Dollars is easy. Simply go to www.thrivent.com/thriventchoice to learn more and select "Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center." Or call 800-847-4836 and say "Thrivent Choice" after the prompt.