Transfer application process
Admission to Augustana College is based on overall academic strength. To be competitive for admission on a minimum transferrable GPA of 2.5 is preferred. Students also must have completed at least one semester of college level coursework. Students who would like to be considered for admission should complete the following steps:
1. Choose an application:
- The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available now for students entering in fall 2020 and spring 2021. The application for fall 2021 is open.
- The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. The Common Application is open for fall 2021.
You application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
2. Arrange to have final official high school and official college transcripts sent to Augustana.
The following delivery methods for transcripts will not be accepted:
- Transcripts/scores that are emailed as an attachment in any format (including pdf)
- Transcripts/scores that are issued tot he student or forwarded by the student
- Transcripts/scores that are hand-delivered to the college (including transcripts/scores that are in a sealed envelope)
- Transcripts/scores that are faxed
Note: Students who attend an international university, transcripts must be in English and forwarded directly to Augustana.
3. Visit Augustana College and meet with your admissions counselor
Augustana offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to all students. No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered.
However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Augustana. Students are awarded financial aid based on the their family's financial circumstances. The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case by case basis. It's important that you fill out this document accurately and completely.
To be transferable, courses taken at another institution should be in an academic program and at a level that is normally applicable to an Augustana degree. (See Advanced Standing.)
Only coursework from other colleges and universities graded "C" (i.e., 2.0) or higher is evaluated for credit. A course graded Pass/No credit is not transferable if "D" is considered Pass under the other institution's grading system.
Some course equivalencies are available for regional community colleges through the course equivalencies database. Also, specific transfer guides are available for some colleges in Illinois and Iowa.
After one year at Augustana, students can apply to participate in Augie Choice. The program offers students up to $2,000 to fund an internship, international study or faculty-mentored research project.
Please contact Bonnie Jessee if you have any questions or would like additional information.