Transfer application process
Admission to Augustana College is based on overall academic strength. A minimum transferrable GPA of 2.5 is preferred. Students also must have completed at least one semester of college-level coursework. Students who would like to be considered for admission should complete the following steps:
1. Choose an application:
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available for students entering in the fall of 2022.
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. The Common Application is available for students entering in the fall of 2022.
You application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
2. Arrange to have final official high school and official college transcripts sent to Augustana.
The following delivery methods for transcripts will not be accepted:
- Transcripts/scores that are emailed as an attachment in any format (including pdf)
- Transcripts/scores that are issued to the student or forwarded by the student
- Transcripts/scores that are hand-delivered to the college (including transcripts/scores that are in a sealed envelope)
- Transcripts/scores that are faxed
Note: Students who attend an international university, transcripts must be in English and forwarded directly to Augustana.
3. Visit Augustana College and meet with your admissions counselor
Augustana offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to all students. No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships; all applicants for admission are automatically considered.
However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Augustana. Students are awarded financial aid based on the their family's financial circumstances. The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case by case basis. It's important that you fill out this document accurately and completely.
To be transferable, courses taken at another institution should be in an academic program and at a level that is normally applicable to an Augustana degree. (See Advanced Standing.)
Only coursework from other colleges and universities graded "C" (i.e., 2.0) or higher is evaluated for credit. A course graded Pass/No credit is not transferable if "D" is considered Pass under the other institution's grading system.
After one year at Augustana, students can apply to participate in Augie Choice. The program offers students up to $2,000 to fund an internship, international study or faculty-mentored research project.