Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the museum will be closed to the public until further notice.
♦ ♦ ♦
The museum is named after Dr. Fritiof Fryxell, professor of geology from 1929-1973. It began in the late 1880s with a modest natural history collection. Today, the collection holds over 20,000 rock, mineral and fossil specimens, with 1,500 on display.
Highlights include a wall of glowing, fluorescent rocks, a cast of a Tyrannosaurus rex skull, and a complete 22-foot long skeleton of Cryolophosaurus, a large crested carnivorous dinosaur discovered in Antarctica.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the museum will be closed to the public until further notice. No group tours are available.
The museum is housed in the Swenson Hall of Geosciences, adjacent to Founder's Hall and Ascension Chapel.Google Maps