The Learning Commons
The Learning Commons is the place for all academic support needs. Whether you need help editing your research paper, searching for a Spanish tutor, improving your study skills or developing English language skills, we're here to help!
The Learning Commons is on the fourth floor of the Gerber Center and includes the Reading/Writing Center (Room 423) and the Office of Student Success Services (Room 439).
The Learning Commons includes:
• The Reading/Writing Center for advice on written work and help with course readings
• Tutoring services for help with departmental course content
• Study skills workshops and one-on-one coaching for time management, stress management, test-taking success, and more
• Support for English Language Learners and non-native speakers of English
• Academic accommodations for students with disabilities or learning differences
For non-academic student support resources, please see Student Life.
Nov. 27: Social Media and Self Promotion, co-presented with CORE
11 a.m.-noon, Olin 105
Dec. 11: Time Management: Because Due Tomorrow Doesn’t Mean Do Tomorrow
11 a.m.-noon, Gävle Room 1
Study Skills, presented by tutor lLeaders
Week 8, TBD
Workshop and coaching topics
The Learning Commons offers many opportunities for students to address various types of concerns through workshops and one-on-one coaching. Here are some examples of topics typically covered in workshops and academic coaching:
• How to Manage Your Busy College Life
• Reducing Test Anxiety With Effective Preparation
• Simple Tips to Manage College Stress
• How to Write a Winning Essay
• How to Survive Group Projects
• New Year's Resolution and Goal Setting
• How to Prioritize During Pledging
• How to Increase Your Optimism
• Social Media and Self Promotion
To make an appointment to discuss any of these topics, or any other study skills topic, email firstname.lastname@example.org.