The Augustana Fund
Gifts that empower innovation, build on tradition and provide the means to distinguish Augustana as a great institution of the liberal arts and sciences.
The three main drivers of our annual budget are tuition and fees, endowment draw and the Augustana Fund. Each year the money raised for the Augustana Fund bolsters our strategic initiatives, strengthens our programs and promotes the success of our 2,500 students.
These funds come in big and small gifts from alumni, friends and parents. They are especially important because they are flexible, allowing us to respond to unexpected challenges and to new opportunities that create an outstanding academic environment and vibrant college life.
- A healthy Augustana Fund helps us add an academic major or new sport, and helps keep students enrolled when their promised state funding doesn’t materialize.
- The Augustana Fund helps all students find community at Augustana and participate in the things that make college life exciting. Internships, choir and band, sports, research, study abroad, volunteer projects and student clubs are supported by the Augustana Fund.
- The Augustana Fund is a key source of scholarships that help students and families afford a great Augustana education. More than 97 percent of Augustana students receive financial aid. Gifts of many sizes are combined to provide hundreds of scholarships that can bring an Augustana education within reach for students of all backgrounds.
- Many rankings, including the one from U.S. News and World Report, and scores granted to institutions of higher education take into account the percentage of alumni who give back. When more alumni give to the Augustana Fund, the college scores better.
By the numbers
It costs more than what we collect in tuition each year to provide a high-quality, residential liberal arts experience with small classes, outstanding advising, contemporary career services, state-of-the-art buildings, a beautiful campus and excellent professors.
After families pay their share, there is a significant gap to cover the full cost of an Augustana education. That’s why the Augustana Fund and the college’s endowment are so important.
- $29,992 yearly average cost to educate a student
- – $25,489 net revenue per residential student
- $4,503 x 2,500 students = $11.25 million gap to fund annually