Sheri Curran serves as principal legal counsel for the college. She reports directly to the president, the general counsel and secretary of the board of trustees.
As general counsel for Augustana, Curran manages all aspects of the college’s legal needs, including compliance with state and federal education regulations.
Areas of responsibility:
- Providing legal counsel
- Representing the college in a court of law
- Assisting in the drafting and review of contracts, agreements and other legal documents
- Assisting in investigating and resolving complaints alleging violations of college policies and procedures
- Assisting senior leaders in reviewing policies and procedures in order to minimize risk to the college
- Assisting in reviewing insurance coverage
- B.A., Augustana College
- J.D., Northern Illinois University School of Law