Center for Faculty Enrichment
The Augustana Center for Faculty Enrichment (CFE) supports the professional development of Augustana faculty of all types, ranks and career stages.
The center strives to provide:
• A place to locate and explore professional development resources
• Campus programming that serves faculty needs and inspires professional innovation
• Coordination and promotion of faculty development opportunities
• Opportunities for faculty from different disciplines, as well as administrative staff, to come together and share ideas
• A comprehensive orientation and ongoing programming for new faculty
• Targeted opportunities for career enrichment relevant to adjunct / part-time / professional / fellow and lecturer faculty, junior tenure-track faculty, mid-career tenured faculty, and senior late-career faculty.
Evolving from the Augustana Center for Teaching and Learning, the CFE is especially committed to enriching faculty work that advances our common mission of teaching and learning through a wide range of programming and resources.
The center strives to:
• Emphasize high-impact practices for effective undergraduate teaching and deep student learning, based on relevant scholarship and best practices
• Offer opportunities for personal and small group consultations to observe and provide feedback on teaching
• Make available resources and campus programming for continuing pedagogical development.
The center is also committed to faculty enrichment through professional development in career priorities beyond teaching and learning, such as:
• Scholarship: developing and managing projects, academic writing, grant applications, etc.
• Service and leadership: identifying and pursuing relevant service opportunities, devloping skill sets for group collaboration, committee and departmental leadership, and administrative work, etc.
• Productivity: locating and using tools and best practices for professional efficiency and work/life balance.
Questions, suggestions or concerns may be directed to CFE director Eric Stewart.