Information for new international students
New international students at Augustana generally will follow the same steps as all other students to register for classes, obtain housing and all the other things required to begin life at the college.
You will receive information by email about class registration and the Spring Welcome.
Special for international students
Secure your I-20 submitting a copy of your passport photo page and bank statements to International Admissions.
• Degree-seeking international students will need to make sure they have received a federal I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1).
• Non-degree and exchange students will need to secure their DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status).
If you have not received either an I-20 form or DS2019, contact Liz Nino in International Admissions.
Once you have received your I-20 or DS2019, pay your SEVIS fees and schedule embassy interview.
Preparing for registration
• Set up your Augustana email using your Augustana ID. You must set up your email before you can fill out a housing form.
• Submit the housing application form. You will need to use your Augustana email to set up your housing. Do not wait for your visa to submit this form.
• After your visa is approved, pay your housing deposit.
• Have your official final high school transcripts and test scores sent to International Admissions.
• International students are required to purchase health insurance.
• When you have completed your travel arrangements, send your flight itinerary to the Office of International Student and Scholar Services.
• Update your travel plan. Spring international students are expected to arrive at the Quad City International Airport in Moline, Ill, (airport code MLI) between Jan. 20-21, 2021.
If you do not have an SAT or ACT score on file with Augustana, you may be required to take a math placement test. The ALEKS (Assessment and Learning Knowledge Spaces) test is scheduled during international student orientation. The Office of First-Year Advising will email students who need to take the test.
Your first tuition payment due is due Feb. 3, 2021.