Declaration of Candidacy for Graduation
Students are required to apply to graduate through Arches at least one term before the term of graduation. However, students may be restricted from registration prior to this date for failure to apply for graduation.
This is the list of students who have completed an application to graduate. Graduation Candidates
1. If your name is not listed, you must apply online through Arches. Applications may be submitted up to three terms (including Summer Term) prior to the intended term of graduation, but not later than one term prior to the date of graduation. Senior undergraduate students or second year graduate students who have not applied to graduate will have their accounts restricted starting in the fall semester to assure they are aware of their outstanding degree requirements. See the Academic Calendar for these dates and Arches for the application.
2. Students should check their program evaluations now to see that they are on track with all degree requirements. Undergraduate students may not declare majors or minors during the final term of enrollment. (Note: AAUN and BUAD are not graduation majors.)
3. If you intend to graduate fall semester; spring semester, summer, or fall semester of the following year, you may be recognized at the annual convocation in May. Terms available for candidacy application*
The college will confer degrees following the conclusion of fall, spring and summer terms only.
- Fall semester 2022-23 – all degree requirements complete on 12.16.22 (20221FA)
- Spring semester 2022-23 – all degree requirements complete on 5.26.23 (20223SP)
- Summer term 2022-23 - all degree requirements complete on 8.25.23 (20224SU)
- Fall semester 2023-24 - all degree requirements complete on 12.15.23 (20231FA)
*Students applying for any of these terms may participate in the Commencement ceremony in May 2023.
4.The following guidelines for participation in the convocation apply:
- You must apply for graduation and your intention to participate in the convocation by Noon Friday, Dec. 16, 2023.
- You will be restricted from registration prior to the date above without proper communication with the Office of the Registrar.
- You must have earned a minimum of 91 credits through completion of fall semester.
- You must have declared an eligible graduation major (AAUN, BUSN and all advising-only majors do not qualify.)
5. Students may not graduate with an incomplete "I" on their record for a course that counts towards the 124 necessary credits required to graduate.
5. Students are eligible to participate in only one commencement ceremony. Participation includes the name of the candidate appearing in one program, having the candidate's name read during the ceremony and/or marching across the stage during the ceremony. Students may not have their name appear in more than one ceremony.
Note: The responsibility for understanding and meeting the degree requirements rests entirely with the student.